3 top tips for vitality!
“Energy is eternal delight.”
The Natural Doctor - Naturopath - Herbalist
Central and West London
Naturopathy is a multi-disciplinary approach to healthcare which promotes and encourages the body’s own natural healing process. It comes from the understanding that the body, given the right conditions will self-correct. For example, the body will heal a wound and mend a bone.
Naturopathic physicians aid the healing process by incorporating a variety of natural treatments based on the patient’s individual needs. Nutrition, diet, lifestyle, work and personal history are all considered when determining a treatment programme.
How does naturopathic medicine work?
Naturopathic medicine is not a single modality of healing, but an array of natural medicine practices and is often described as the GP of natural healthcare.
Naturopaths frequently use the following in combination in their treatment plans:
- Nutrition and dietary - changes to bring about true healing from within the body.
- Tissue salts and celloids - to stimulate recovery and reverse deep seated problems.
- Herbal medicine - as tonics and nutritive agents to support weakened body systems and organs.
- Bach flowers and other essences - to aid the healing process.
- Iridology - an adjunct diagnostic tool.
- Vitamins and mineral supplements - as added nutritional agents.
- Detoxification - a great healing tool.
Many of its methods are scientific, as naturopathy is partially founded on the modern sciences of chemistry, physics and biochemistry as applied to human biology and physiology. Its system of diagnosis uses many procedures common to orthodox medicine as well as several that are specific to natural medicine practitioners only.
Natural Healthcare - Detoxification - Nutrition & Diet - West London - Central London
- Have a glass of hot water and lemon on rising. This helps to get the digestive system set up for the day ahead.
- Exercise 20-30 minutes every day.
- Body brushing is a great way to improve circulation and gently stimulate the lymph. Buy a natural fibre brush and use gentle sweeping motions. Always brush towards the heart.